Orthodontics is the branch of dentistry that focuses on improving the appearance, position and function of improperly aligned teeth and jaws. Most people are not born with perfectly aligned smiles, which can negatively impact their lives. When someone’s teeth and jaws do not line up as they should, not only does it take away from the attractiveness of their smile, but a “bad bite” can put undue wear and tear on tooth enamel and stress on the jaws. This raises the risk for common dental problems like tooth decay and gum disease.
As said above, the way to go about correcting bite issues, and preventing dental problems later on is through orthodontics. Orthodontic treatment relies on a system of light, continuous forces to gradually move teeth to the desired position. This results in an incredible smile that is healthy, functional, and beautiful.
Benefits of Orthodontic Treatment
By visiting Dr. Randolph for orthodontic treatment, the benefits that come from having perfectly aligned teeth include:
- Improving the appearance of the teeth for more confidence and better self-esteem
- Making it easier to clean the teeth for improved dental health
- Improving function of the teeth & jaws for more efficient chewing and better digestion
- Reducing abnormal wear and tear on teeth for a long-lasting smile
- Lowering the risk of injury to teeth which protrude
Types of Orthodontic Treatment Methods
Dr. Randolph improves the appearance and function of her patients’ smiles using several types of orthodontic appliances including:
- Damon Braces – Self-ligating braces that are more comfortable, work faster and require fewer office visits than conventional braces.
- Damon Clear Braces – Aesthetically-pleasing, self-ligating braces featuring clear brackets for more discreet treatment.
- Invisalign – Removable, translucent aligner trays that are convenient and comfortable to wear.
Our practice also offers accelerated orthodontic treatment using AcceleDent. This is an easy-to-use, hand-held device patients use at home to reduce the time they must spend wearing braces.
Contact Our Orthodontics Office in Valencia, CA
We treat patients from all over Valencia, Stevenson Ranch, Saugus, & more. To schedule a free consultation and see how Dr. Randolph can help you achieve the smile of your dreams, contact us immediately. We will work with you to ensure your smile is taken care of in a format suitable for your mouth and specific goals. We hope to hear from you soon!