Thanks to some amazing technology, orthodontics is today a much better experience than it was a generation or even a decade ago. Dr. Randolph brings new technology into her practice to ensure her patients…
Get the best results… In the shortest possible time… While minimizing discomfort and keeping patients comfortable.
To provide state-of-the-art treatment, Dr. Randolph uses cutting-edge technologies such as the Damon System, Invisalign and AcceleDent. She also uses two of the most technologically advanced diagnostic tools:
- 3M True Definition Intraoral Scanner: a digital impression system
- i-CAT Cone Beam 3D imaging system
The 3M True Definition Scanner
This digital system allows us to create models of your teeth without the traditional “goopy” impressions of the past. We scan your teeth with a small, video-camera wand to capture digital images. We then transmit the data via the Cloud to Invisalign and other labs, where 3D printers create models of your teeth. We use those models to make your aligners and appliances.
The 3M True Definition Scanner has several advantages, because it’s:
- More comfortable.
- More accurate, allowing us to get the best fit for your aligners and appliances.
- A time saver:
- Internet transfer of digital impressions is almost immediate, so you get your aligners or appliances sooner.
- For our young patients who need expanders, space maintainers, and/or bite fixers, it eliminates the need for an additional band fitting appointment and impression.
i-CAT Cone Beam 3D Imaging System
Orthodontic x-ray technology has taken a giant leap forward with 3D imaging, technically called “cone beam computed tomography” or CBCT. Dr. Randolph uses the revolutionary i-CAT FLX, which produces incredibly accurate 3D images of the facial skeleton, the airway, and the position of the teeth, while using just a fraction of the radiation that traditional x-ray machines use.
Dr. Randolph chose to invest in the i-CAT FLX not only because it enhances patient safety, but also because it provides valuable details for accurate orthodontic analysis, which leads to optimal treatment of your smile. With better information, Dr. Randolph is able to provide you with the quality care you deserve.